noozhawk.com MEDIA GRANT PROGRAM
The Hutton Parker Foundation is pleased to continue a unique media partnership with Noozhawk. The purpose of this program is to support Santa Barbara County nonprofit organizations by providing a comprehensive, effective marketing campaign through digital advertising and native content. Three stories, three ad campaigns and three news releases will be published within a three-month period, to educate readers through features written about the nonprofit while simultaneously engaging them with digital advertising and marketing strategies supporting the organization’s selected initiatives.
Applicants must apply to the Hutton Parker Foundation using the online Media Grant Application. Applications will remain current through the end of the year in which they are received, and will be reviewed quarterly with applicant notifications made by Foundation staff. Once applicants are notified of approval, they will work directly with Noozhawk to develop a three-month media and marketing plan.
- Three varied advertising campaigns within a three-month timeframe. Noozhawk will help you identify three marketing initiatives to promote via digital advertising on the local news website. These ad campaigns could include brand awareness, call to action messaging or outreach promotions to be determined by the nonprofit. Design of digital ads to be provided if needed.
- Three news stories written by a Noozhawk journalist. The focus of the articles will be determined by the nonprofit, but could include such topics as the history of the organization, expansion or new directives, help or funding needs, or examination of issues related to the nonprofit’s work. The nonprofit will need to designate a point of contact to orchestrate the interviews and gathering of information for the articles.
- Three News Releases – These must be provided by the nonprofit, and will be published during the same timeframe to further promote events, initiatives or fundraising goals.
- General consultation with Noozhawk publisher and its vice president of business development. The focus of this meeting will be to ascertain the organization’s marketing and fundraising goals, craft advertising and messaging, discuss appropriate topics for news releases, and help coordinate exclusive and engaging Noozhawk stories.
- Facebook and Twitter posts to highlight articles and news releases. Noozhawk is a local leader in the use of social media (Facebook and Twitter) to increase exposure on stories. Stories written about the nonprofit will be sent out on Noozhawk’s social media channels and via its e-Bulletins.
- Application Deadline: Quarterly. Applications are received year-round and reviewed quarterly based on the deadlines below.
- Dec. 1, 2018 – 1st Quarter 2019
- March 1, 2019 – 2nd Quarter 2019
- June 1, 2019 – 3rd Quarter 2019
- Sept. 1, 2019 – 4th Quarter 2019
- Geographic Limitations: Open to Santa Barbara County-based nonprofit organizations only.