Primary Focus Areas
Hutton Parker Foundation primarily focuses on making grants to assist organizations that work in the areas of:
- ARTS & CULTURE — Dance, Music (Symphony, Orchestra, Choral), Music Education, Museums, Historical Societies, Theatres
- CHILDREN, YOUTH & FAMILIES — Youth Development, Child Care, Homeless Families, After School Programs
- CIVIC & COMMUNITY — Housing, Transportation, Legal Assistance, Animal Related, Public Safety, Environmental Research, Zoos, Public Gardens
- EDUCATION — Schools, Colleges & Universities, Scholarship Programs
- HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES — Counseling Programs, Alcohol & Drug Related Programs, Rape Crisis/Domestic Violence, Medical Services, Disease Research, Senior Services, Respite Care, Food Related
The Foundation gives highest priority to activities providing greater access to people who are economically disadvantaged and underserved. Of particular interest to the Foundation are applications specifically addressing the needs of low-income children and youth, older adults, and people affected by disabilities and homelessness. The Foundation also funds activities benefiting the general community and improving the quality of life for all individuals in Santa Barbara County.
Geographic Area of Grant Focus
Grant awards are limited to organizations providing services to residents living in Santa Barbara County.
Organizations must be certified as tax exempt under Section 501(c) 3 of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code.
Grants are not made:
- To organizations discriminating against certain groups or individuals in the delivery of programs and services on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientations or disability.
- For propagandizing, influencing legislation and/or elections, promoting voter registration; for political candidates, political campaigns; for litigation.
- For social or political issues outside the United States of America.
- To individuals.
- To federated appeals or for the collection of funds for redistribution to other nonprofit groups.
- For conferences, workshops, temporary exhibits, travel, surveys, films or publishing activities.
- For research.
Grants are generally not approved for:
- Organizations in existence less than three (3) years.
- National organizations without a local chapter operating within Santa Barbara County.
- Projects or programs normally financed by government sources.
- Refugee or religious programs or consumer interest.
HUTTON PARKER FOUNDATION
15 East Carrillo Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
© Copyright 2020 The Hutton Parker Foundation